Booked to go to Jyapaan
So, tickets are purchased, language skills need a bit of brushing up but I’m soooo looking forward to it. It’s my first voyage back to the land of Gatsby body paper since my working holiday in 2004. As soon as the xmas holidays begin, I’m off for just over 2 weeks.
I love the feeling of going to Japan. The only thing I don’t like, if I remember correctly, is… the actual going bit. The 12 hour trek across the world is a bit on the unbearable side of things as it just screws with your mind. However-many long-haul flights I have taken, it doesn’t really get any more pleasurable. I do generally like flying, I just wish it was faster.
This time, I thought I’d give Virgin Atlantic a try. Well, actually the decision was made for me really as I used my Virgin Flying Club mileage to get a bit of a discount and compared to other direct Heathrow-Narita flights, it was a good £100 cheaper. I flew JAL last time so I’m not expecting Virgin to be better as Asian carriers generally have a better service but past experiences with a good old British airline (BA and their limited legroom) means that if I have space, I’ll be happy. Plus now that I’m a little older, I’ve come to expect to be treated a little better for the money you have to fork out to sit in a metal tube for half a day.
A big plus this time around is that because I will be entering Japan with a simple 90-day tourist stamp on my passport, I can actually use the Japan Rail Pass!! Score! It means that I can use the Shinkansen unlimited for 7 days so I can go and see friends all over the place. My current plans include using it to head West to Nagoya, Kansai and Fukuoka to see as many of my JapSoc friends as possible. One of the main reasons I chose to go in December is because some of my Leeds buddies are out in Japan for their year abroad so meeting up with our Japanese friends will be just like old times.
Anyway, that’s all for now. I’m currently spending this fine autumnal Sunday afternoon in bed with a case of the dreaded Freshers flu. I leave you with the bombshell: “aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii can give you GATSBY”
I just wish that we could have a Matsudo Legends reunion. See you in the Toke!
- RT @muftimenk: Almighty. On this blessed day, we ask you to forgive our parents & grant them the highest level of Paradise for all that the… 1 hour ago
- RT @BonsaiSky: God is referred to (in the Arabic translation of the Bible) as Allāh. Wish these people would read a book every once in a wh… 4 hours ago
- RT @Mufc_Monkey: How can you not love this man.. Telling Aguero exactly what he thinks of his acting skills.. https://t.co/8uIP1FjoIq 4 hours ago
- RT @AdamMcKola: Missed Pogba so much in that midfield tonight - maybe now people will see what he actually brings to the side. #MUFC 4 hours ago
- RT @mehdirhasan: "How do you know millions of imaginary voters voted for Hillary Clinton?" - a question I had to ask again & again. https:/… 4 hours ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Matsudo Legend by Zoheb Ahmad is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.